Search the Phi
May 2013 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
True Media Concepts
Some D-Hall facts to munch on
An integral part of every first-year’s experience, D-Hall is a unique place
Freshmen, we’re almost done with the first year! Only one more week left of….D-Hall! (And then on to frat, srat, etc. food.)
I know it’s the thing to hate on the D-Hall trying to be cool by saying, “Oh, I barely eat there anymore.” I have to admit there are those meals that make you think, “They totally D-Halled this pizza.” But seriously, D-Hall isn’t that bad. I mean, it’s certainly part of the freshmen experience. Plus, some of the people who work there are easily the nicest people in the world. So, I just wanted to list a few reasons why I think D-Hall’s pretty cool before we all leave for the summer and come back as oh-so-cool-sophomores.
Sweet D-hall facts:
1. The fact that we have practically unlimited swipes. I mean seriously, if you wanted to get obese this would be the place to go.
2. The really weird pizza’s that have been around lately. BPJ and banana? Bacon and peanut butter? Smore’s? Ok. I mean it keeps life interesting.
3. Ketchup! I luuuuv ketchup on literally everything and there is just so much of it. Seriously makes me happy.
4. Omelette’s on Sunday! I mean really, is there a better way to recuperate from the night before? Plus, the thirty minute wait just makes you enjoy it all the more. (And let’s be honest — this is probably the only time all week that you make it for breakfast food — getting up early in the morning can be quite a challenge.)
5. Whipped cream! There is this huge glass bowl of it put out every brunch — it’s my favorite thing to do to just eat a whole plate of it. It’s the little things in life.
6. Seeing everyone you know all the time. Social hour!
7. On a different note, not being able to avoid anyone, ever. That guy you DFM’d with last night? Yeah, he’ll be there.
8. Getting locked in by the grate during O-week and making the oh-so-cool walk through the kitchen. (Ok, this didn’t happen to everyone but it was an experience.)
9. Foreign dinners! Yeah for having Indian, Hawaiian, African food then talking to people from those countries and them just being like, “wow, wow.” I don’t know, it tasted good to me.
10. Fro-yo machine! I mean it’s frozen yogurt, right? It has to be healthy. Yay for guilt-free ice cream. (And btw we all know the Reese’s flavor is the best. I won’t even say anything about the Green Tea stuff.)
11. Unlimited Diet Coke — the perfect caffeine boost to get you through that ten page paper you forgot to write until the night before.
12. Personal pasta! It’s like Olive Garden in a basement. (Can you tell I’m writing this while I’m really hungry?)
13. Finally — people watching. We know we do it. Who is sitting with who, watching frats and srats slowly congregate as the year goes by, what everyone is wearing. Not to sound like a stalker or anything — it’s just fascinating.
So yeah let’s live up this last week before freedom and summer and mom’s cooking! Because really, nothing can ever beat that. Well, maybe Sunday omelettes. But I’m cool, right? So I’m never in D-Hall for those.
(editor’s note: this is the slightly edited version of the article. The list has remained the way the author originally submitted it.)